Friday, June 20, 2008

Tough

A well contstructed piece by Spook there to get the blood simmering amongst us fans of the courageous game. In leiu of entering into a long and protracted diatribe to counter this, I point you all to the video clips shown in the window here, and to the short story below which I lifted from a Ricmond Football Club fan site. I suggest you sit back and enjoy the "softness" of our game, and contemplate the simple message in the following story. An Aussie Rules legend, "Captain Blood", the epitome of the game. (Aussie Rules legend "Captain Blood" vs Rugby League legend "Dick Tosser", Mmmmm.. ...say no more......[yes thats controversial I know, sincere appologies to family and friends, this is a war.]).

In remembering Dyer, Kevin Bartlett recalled the first time he met Jack after he had been injured during an under-19s game at the MCG in 1963.The match had started early in the morning and Bartlett's parents hadn't arrived at the ground in time to see him carried off.Dyer made his way to the changerooms to console the youngster, telling him he'd soon be feeling "as good as gold" and would be out of hospital the following day.Years later, Bartlett told Dyer he had spent more than two weeks in hospital. "And he said to me: `I didn't know much about hips – I only knew about collarbones'," Bartlett said. Dyer was reputed to have broken the collarbones of 64 opponents.

1 comment:

spook said...

Since I am enjoying the LIVE Friday Night Game of League I haven' time to respond properly Scoot, but since you seem to be proficient at trawling the internet mate; JOHN SATTLER - Look it up.....