Sunday, May 13, 2012

Round 6 2012


Round 6 2012

Well what a week its been at our house. First of all Management comes down with the flu and anyone would think that the world was going to end. She went down like she'd been shot. All of a sudden I'm called upon to undertake all manner of household duties usually done by the magic fairies when I'm not around. The way everyone at home was carrying on you would think it's important that the shopping gets done, the kids get fed and bathed, the clothes get cleaned and put away, the bills get paid, the dinner gets cooked and the animals stay outside, not in bed with the kids. Well I usually only have time to eat and go to bed after a hard day at the office so it came as a bit of a shock to me that the magic fairies that usually do all these household chores didn't show up. Not sure what Management has arranged here but there is certainly room for improvement. As you would expect however I handled this change in routine with aplomb and just snuck a day away from the office to catch up on a few loose ends. The Princess had her science experiment at school that I found myself in charge of. I did my best impersonation of Professor Julius Sumner Miller with the old "Why is it so" trick with the hard boiled egg and a bottle. The kids were fascinated with the matches and I'm sure the parents wouldn't have minded about the few extra packets I handed out behind the shelter sheds. The Deputy kept me on my toes as he appears to have taken inspiration from the newest addition to the household, Azrael the cat. While the cat clearly does not like the male of the species, The Deputy has taken to dressing up as "Cat in Boots" and insists on wearing his sisters knee high boots and an old black akubra that I found somewhere. The wonderful staff at Cape Kids were most accommodating but I think he had them bluffed with his Antonio Banderis impersonation and they seemed to miss the sword smuggled in down his boots. Management won't miss another kitchen cleaver Im sure. So all in all, a successful week, picking up the slack of the others around the house that just couldn't seem to handle the intensity when the going got tough. Well then, isn't it typical of a long weekend that after all this, I come down with the worst case of the Man Flu that you or anyone else has ever seen. I have heard of the Man Flu but this is the first time I think Ive had a serious case. Management of course laughed it off but she wasn't laughing for long when she saw the symptoms and heard all about it from me. I lost my voice, I had trouble with my eyes as there was heaps of things I just couldn't see myself doing for a few days, my nose went red and at one stage there I think my nose started to run. It was about that stage that I passed out from the pain and indignity of it all, and when I came to it was Monday afternoon and I'd basically slept for three days. So thats how I missed most of the footy this week.

However, I was conscious enough to catch a few snippets of the weekends round. The Pies and Dogs are only just going and Friday night didn't surprise me much. Gee whizz the Suns were stiff to miss out and you can see that with a few more games under their belt those kids are going t be tough to beat. Im not sure the Dockers are the real thing, I can't see them following Lyons game plan into the last weeks of the finals. The GWS showed a bit as well, but again the round was punctuated by serious injuries. Broken lags and ankles, it will be the next thing that causes a rule change. 

Frances came out on top in the tips this week with 8 and gee isn't it tough at the moment. A heap of 8's made my 7 look ordinary. Ive slipped down the ladder with Maccas09 Sophie Smith and Honkey Nuts leading the pack. This week I've gone for the Hawks, Crows, Suns, Swans, Pies, Bombers to knock off the West Coast North Dockers and Blues. Come down to the oval on Sunday morning at 9am for a bit of Auskick action, should be fun.
Cheers

Scotty

No comments: